Outdoor RV to join us on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor RV to join us on this site

Well this has been a long time coming and I can not even begin to count the number of times I have been asked why when they are owned by Northwood and built the same are not allowed to become members here. Well I do not have a good answer to why, I had my reasons but now they do not seem good to me! So I do not plan or see a reason to create any special places for owners of Outdoor RV owners to post. So there you go!
    Also sorry Friendly Bob for taking so long to do this, now looking back when I wish I would of done it when Ron purchased the old Fleetwood plant.
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

I think it a great move to include Outdoors RV.
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Well this has been a long time coming and I can not even begin to count the number of times I have been asked why when they are owned by Northwood and built the same are not allowed to become members here. Well I do not have a good answer to why, I had my reasons but now they do not seem good to me! So I do not plan or see a reason to create any special places for owners of Outdoor RV owners to post. So there you go!
      Also sorry Friendly Bob for taking so long to do this, now looking back when I wish I would of done it when Ron purchased the old Fleetwood plant.
      Wow!! I'm Gobsmacked! No need for an apology, it's your site! But good on you for your willingness to change! I think I first asked in 2014. But with the "no" from you, I ended up helping to start a "competing" ORV "forum" on iRV2.

Unless you say no, I'll pass on this news to the few ORV folks I am still in touch with. Or just let the word spread "organically" (I'm not sure I know what that really means!).

Thanks!

Bob (aka "Friendly Bob" when I was a ORVer from 2014-2021)
      ======
      Happy former owner of a AF 22G (2001-2010), AF 25R (2010-2013), and ORV Wind River 250 RDSW (2014-2021). Currently enjoying a 2016 AF22G (2021- ).
      ---------
      2018 Dodge 2500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Leer, 1200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
      Retired, very.

Comment

Thank you for all the likes and support. I suppose to some extent as we age we see things in a different light.

Hi Bob, I am ok with you "spreading the word" and thanks for taking it easy on me.
        Adam
        2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
        07 AF31W Mod's
        Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Ok Adam, I'll pass on the good news to the handful of ORVers I'm still in contact with. As far as "taking it easy on you", at my age I tend to be very, very mellow, kind of like fine wine! (Almost like 100 yr old brandy!)

Cheers!

Bob
          ======
          Happy former owner of a AF 22G (2001-2010), AF 25R (2010-2013), and ORV Wind River 250 RDSW (2014-2021). Currently enjoying a 2016 AF22G (2021- ).
          ---------
          2018 Dodge 2500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Leer, 1200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
          Retired, very.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Thank you for all the likes and support. I suppose to some extent as we age we see things in a different light.
            So true, the best part of this forum are the folks who so willingly share and help others while we all play with on on our rigs. It keeps me here.
            Rolland & Judie, 1 Sheltie, Brinkley

2013 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, no mods

2021 19' Other Brand Travel Trailer

Comment

Looks like we're moving to an ORV later this year. Standby for new signature and glad that we can still hang out here.
              2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
              2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Varied experiences, technical knowledge and skills, being shared by a friendly RV group .... the more the merrier !
                Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Better ask for more spots for the Rally, I could see it filling the whole Hot Springs in time.
                  Roger & Kelly, Crayonn (Goldendoodle)
                  2009 Arctic Fox 29L
                  2019 Chev 3500HD Duramax Dually, Retractable tonneau, Edge gauges, Torklift hitch/camper tiedowns.

Comment

Originally posted by HRA View Post
                    Better ask for more spots for the Rally, I could see it filling the whole Hot Springs in time.
                    Although ORV does have their own rallies. I think the one in the Wallowas was in June? But it would be nice to see all in one place too.
                    2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Hey Adam.... Better get started NOW!

dfghn.jpg
                      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
                        Hey Adam.... Better get started NOW!

dfghn.jpg
                        That looks like a Grand Design Rally. We saw plenty of those on many of our trips.
                        2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Adam's Rally, as you all know, is the week after Father's Day. The ORV "Campout" starts on the 4th Friday of June and lasts just over the weekend, and is organized and scheduled by the ORV Factory folks. The two "events" often overlap. I believe they will overlap for at least the next two years. The ORV Campout is not much like Adam's rally. The only planned events are an ORV hosted luncheon, a ORV hosted drawing for "prizes", sometimes an evening smores campfire and the showing of several new rigs. Rig owners usually organize a "Welcome Campfire". I've been to every ORV Campout, but this year, only part of one day.

Bob
                          ======
                          ---------
                          Retired, very.

Comment

I think adding them is a good idea. They put out some great products and fill a nitch that Northwood doesn't, in my opinion.
                            Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                            2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                            2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                            2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

"Let's RV" members voted: Outdoors RV Manufacturing the best 4 season RV. Lance was second and Arctic Fox was 3rd. ‚Äč
                              The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

2020 Ram 3500 diesel dually, curt hitch, 60 gal aux tank with tool box, Airlift 7500, RM RV GPS
                              32-5m, basement slide, bedrm air & TV,, fireplace, 5.5 onan, LT Endurance G, rear camera,TPMS

Comment

Working...
                              X