ArriveCan App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArriveCan App

We are planning a trip into Canada in September and are looking at the needed documentation of vaccinations, testing, etc. I am reading about this ArriveCan phone app at the Google Store but the reviews are not very good. Has anyone had any recent experiences good or bad with this app?

Thanks.
    2019 Fox 29-5T dual A/C 6 point leveling TST507 flow threw Progressive EMS, Disk Brakes
    2007 K3500 Duramax, Allison,

Down load the app as it is free. My wife found it easy. My wife and I along with another family flew into Vancouver about four weeks ago and it made entry simple. No covid questions, where are you going or coming from etc. If you're driving, they have a computer in the inspectors booth and a simple way of looking you up. Hope it works well for you.
    Roger and Barb with Bridget the rescued dog
    2017 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, 16gal Water Heater, rear hitch, 2 folding chairs, fireplace.
    2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab,, 4x4, Reese 20K Hitch, Firestone air lifts

Comment

We ran into an issue when I went to fill out the part that asked where are you staying? We were camping in several different locations so I didn’t know what to put down. When going through customs they made us park and go inside. Once inside they asked where we were staying? I explained multiple places and they said don’t worry about it just pick a place. That was about it and we were on our way.
      You have to wait until you are within 48 hours of crossing (not positive about time). They ask where you are crossing and about what time. I verified the location and took the best guess at the time we were going to cross.
      2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.7 Diesel, 6.5' bed, B&W Companion hitch

2018 Artic Fox 27.5L Slide-Toppers, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp Surge Protector, Honda EU2000i Generator, Micro-Air EasyStart 364 Soft Starter, TST"507" Tire Monitoring System

Comment

I did not add the app to my phone, just added the required info into the online portal. When I crossed the border at the end of this June, the guard just took the passports and checked the ArriveCan portal to see if our passport numbers matched with what we had provided. He didn't care that we had the printed QR code ready for him.
        John and Carol-Ann, USN Retired
        2022 Ram 3500 Diesel Long Bed
        2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox
        https://nomadicparkers.blog/

Comment

Well this really doesn't sound so difficult. Thanks for the replies. We have time to finish plans and are planning a few campgrounds the way. Might just list one and see what happens.
          2019 Fox 29-5T dual A/C 6 point leveling TST507 flow threw Progressive EMS, Disk Brakes

Comment

I cross the boarder every week from Canada. I fill out the app about 5 minutes before coming home and with no problems. The app is linked to my Nexus. card.
            2009 Silverado 1500 HD
            2015 Nash 24M
            4 legged buddy- Sherlock the American Cocker

Comment

Originally posted by LFOD View Post
              I did not add the app to my phone, just added the required info into the online portal. When I crossed the border at the end of this June, the guard just took the passports and checked the ArriveCan portal to see if our passport numbers matched with what we had provided. He didn't care that we had the printed QR code ready for him.
              I recently used ArriveCan for the first time. Like Fireman2 , I filled out the form using the phone app a few minutes before reaching the border.

I had the QR code ready on my phone for the border guard, but he told me that showing the QR code was unnecessary. Because the ArriveCan data was linked to our passports when we submitted the forms, when he scanned our passports, he could view the ArriveCan data automatically.
              2017 Arctic Fox 25Y
              Chassis: Firestone Transforce HT LT225/75-16, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, EezTire TPMS, BAL 28217 recessed tire carrier, 40K miles
              Electrical: EMS-HW30C surge protector, 800W solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron MPPT 100/50, Victron MultiPlus 3000, Renogy Lithium 340 Ah

2013 Silverado 2500HD LML Duramax, manual 4x4, crew cab, std box, added 2nd alternator and 2-gauge charge path, 130K miles

Comment

Sounds like this should be rather easy to get through. This is the first time north of the border since I was a youngster, that's been a while.
                Thanks for the comments and information.

Comment

If you have linked Nexus to the app. they have the info before you pull up to the booth.
                  2009 Silverado 1500 HD
                  2015 Nash 24M
                  4 legged buddy- Sherlock the American Cocker

Comment

Working...
                  X